As we launched into 2017, I see all sorts of resolution and other feel good articles how to live a better life this year. Frankly, I wonder why we need prompting to do what should be done in the first place. For most people, there are a few top “resolutions” with simple solutions:
- Want to lose weight and get in shape? Quit eating poorly and exercise. The food that goes into your mouth comes directly from your own hand. You don’t need a gym membership to roll your carcass out of bed in the morning and take 30-45 minutes to walk/run, do some push ups, planks, and get on with your day. Get your ass out of bed a little earlier in the morning, exercise, and quit eating junk. Why is that so difficult?
- Want to make more money? Focus on what brings in revenue rather wasting time on crap that does not pay the bills. Take a look where the money comes from and increase your effort to make more. The harder you work, the luckier you get, monetize everything!
- Want to live a better life? Read 1 & 2, then organize your time:
- Each day has 24 hours and each week has 168 hours.
- If you work 45 hours per week, that leaves 123 hours.
- If you sleep 48 hours a week (8 hours a night), that leaves 75 hours.
- So that leaves 75 hours a week, 10.71 hours a day that you are not working or sleeping. Surely if you want to better educate yourself, start a new hobby, spend more time doing anything, the math above dictates that it’s possible.
Make the decision to take command of yourself and life will get better. From the Command Post (W), Cheers Y’all! #thefuneralcommander